Online pre-arrival registration for nationals of India to visit Hong Kong
The pre-arrival registration of Indian nationals to enter Hong Kong was introduced to ensure the right balance between facilitating genuine Indian visitors and the need to maintain the integrity of immigration control. We believe that the new arrangement will not prevent genuine Indian visitors from travelling to Hong Kong.
Currently, Indian citizens can travel to Hong Kong without a visa for a stay of up to 14 days. From 23 January 2017, Indian nationals must apply online before arriving and successfully complete the online registration form before continuing to benefit from the current 14-day visa-free period during transit (except in the case of direct transit by air and without leaving the airport transit area), unless they belong to a group of people who may continue to enter Hong Kong without a visa their arrival without registration. Persons exempt from pre-arrival registration include, but are not limited to, holders of an Indian diplomatic or official passport or Hong Kong passport and Indian nationals who have successfully registered for the e-Channel service for regular visitors.
Any registration prior to the arrival of an Indian national is valid for six months or until the expiry of the relevant Indian passport, whichever is earlier. As long as normal entry requirements are met, a registrant may use a valid pre-arrival notification form and the specific and valid Indian passport relating to the registration during the period of validity of the registration. Make several rounds without a visa to Hong Kong before arrival. For each visit, a registrant may stay in Hong Kong for up to 14 days.
If registration fails prior to arrival, Indian nationals wishing to travel to Hong Kong must apply directly for a visa at the Immigration Department.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
- Indian passport valid for at least 6 months
- Credit / debit card or Paypal account
- Travellers wishing to visit Hong Kong must have an Indian passport valid for at least 6 months from the scheduled date of entry.
- For each visit, the applicant may stay up to 14 days in the SAR Hong Kong.
- Visitors must leave Hong Kong within 14 days. If there is a special/urgent need for a longer stay, visitors may request an extension of their stay up to 7 days before the end of their stay.
- Any registration prior to the arrival of an Indian national is valid for six months or until the expiry of the relevant Indian passport, whichever is earlier.
- If registration fails prior to arrival, Indian nationals wishing to travel to Hong Kong may apply for an entry visa directly to the Immigration Department.
- The processing time for registration prior to arrival in Hong Kong is approximately 15 minutes in the event of an emergency.
- If the applicant renews or replaces his/her Indian passport after pre-registration or changes his/her personal data, the holder must apply for a new application with the new passport or personal data.
- Passengers are advised to check and print the information and bring a physical copy with them when travelling. Airport registration staff can also check the registration in their system. However, we strongly recommend that customers keep a copy on their electronic device or preferably print it out.